Walking on sunshine in Tenerife
- Take in the magnificence of Spain’s highest mountain El Teide, as well as its neighbouring peak, Guajara
- Spend a few days staying right at the base of El Teide next to the famous Cañadas del Teide crater.
- See fascinating and unusual basalt rock formations
- Explore Tenerife’s history whilst wandering through the old towns of Garachico and San Cristobal de la Laguna (a UNESCO World Heritage site)
- Hike through tropical forests and enjoy its unique flora and fauna
- Relax and unwind in front of spectacular sunsets
Why Walk in Tenerife?
Tenerife may be best known for it’s pristine beaches and perfectly blue seas, but with its varied landscape, it also has a great deal to offer walkers. Within a just a few hours, walkers can be exploring sub-tropical forest, hiking up volcanoes or scrambling along the fascinating rock formations – meaning that those looking for a variety of terrains really are spoilt for choice. At the end of each day, the mild weather provides the perfect conditions for indulging in a bit of relaxation with a cold drink and those spectacular sea views.
|Length||45 miles / 73 km|