We appreciate that since the onset of Covid-19, you may have more questions about booking a holiday. We want you to feel confident when booking a Celtic Trails holiday, so to support with any concerns or queries you may have, we have put together the following:
- Book With Confidence pledge: we have adapted our Booking Terms to ensure you have reassuring flexibility when booking your trip.
- Frequently Asked Questions: we have compiled answers to the most common questions about walking with us in 2022, but if you have any further questions, please do get in contact with us.
- 2021 Client Feedback: we have put together a selection of feedback and experiences from clients who walked with us during 2021, to provide you a better idea of what our holidays experinces are like.
We hope that you remain safe and in good health and if you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us.
Book With Confidence
To show continued flexibility during uncertain times, we have extended our Book with Confidence pledge to clients booking for 2022 departures. If you have any questions regarding the below, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
If We Can’t Fulfil the Itinerary Booked
If, due to Government restrictions, we are not able to fulfil the itinerary you have booked through us, we will explore the following options to best meet your needs:
- Agree a suitable, agreeable, feasible alternative e.g. different path
- Free change of date for the same year
- Credit note for full value of monies paid valid until end of 2023, allowing you time to choose your new dates unpressured
- Full refund for parts of package we have been unable to deliver
If You Can’t Arrive Due to Covid Travel Restrictions
If, due to global travel restrictions, travel is not permitted from your place of residence to the holiday destination, but Celtic Trails are able to operate the itinerary, we can offer the below:
- Date change for the same year
- Minimum 6 weeks’ notice required
- £50 change fee
- Credit note to the value of the monies paid for use before the end of 2023, minus any non-refundable costs incurred.
- Minimum 6 weeks’ notice required
- £50 change fee
- Cancellation in line with our standard Booking Terms.
- Please note that these terms are an extension of our standard Booking Terms. Any agreements made are discretionary and these terms are subject to change, based on the circumstances of the time.
- Please note that it is your responsibility to inform us of any restrictions preventing you from travelling (e.g. local lockdown in your area of residence).
Frequently Asked Questions (Covid-19)
This is our current standing, but we reserve the right to change our approach, in line with circumstances changing.
Which holidays are we currently booking?
If you still have concerns about undertaking a long-distance walking, you may wish to consider one of our single-centre breaks.
As a UK registered tour operator, we act in line with the Foreign & Commonwealth Office (FCO). We closely follow their guidance closely, along with the recommendations of others, including the World Health Organisation (WHO) and ABTA, responding appropriately to any advice given.
How about travelling Overseas?
For entry requirements into the nations in which we operate:
For holidaying overseas from UK nations:
Northern Ireland: https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/articles/coronavirus-covid-19-travel-advice
How has the Walking Holiday experience been affected since Covid-19?
We have put together a selection of client feedback from those who walked with us during 2021 to provide an idea of what their experiences of holidaying during this period is like, which can be found here.
Should I test before travelling?
We would certainly advise taking a Covid-19 test before travelling for all clients but it is also a requirement if travelling from certain countries (see entry requirement links above).
You can find details about how to order UK tests here – https://www.gov.uk/order-coronavirus-rapid-lateral-flow-tests
What if I am unsure about travelling: Can I claim on my Travel Insurance?
This is dependent on the terms of the policy you have taken out and your reason for cancelling. We would advise contacting your Travel Insurance provider to ascertain if a claim would be feasible.
Please see our Book with Confidence section for alternatives to Travel Insurance: We are endeavouring to be as flexible as we can to support you at this time.
The Association of British Insurers has released further information regarding insurance here: https://www.abi.org.uk/products-and-issues/topics-and-issues/coronavirus-hub/
For further information, we advise the following resources:
Citizens of countries outside of the UK should also seek advice from their own relevant agencies.
For any further questions, please contact us here, and we will be happy to help you as best we can.
2021 Client Experiences
“This holiday has been a welcome breath of fresh air after the last year of lockdown. The whole trip felt very good for the soul. It was a great holiday – thank you for all your assistance and for re-organising our up which had been due to take place in 2020.”
Beth, Offa’s Dyke Path, July 2021
“We liked the idea of being able to park our car and stay in one accommodation to get used to being out and about again.”
Angela D, Tintern Short Break, June 2021
“After Covid, this walk has been a huge lift. Having Celtic Trails manage the lockdown easing issues took the booking worries away.”
Alastair from Derbyshire, Offa’s Dyke, May 2021
“Celtic Trails has been helpful in trying to help as far as they could in these difficult and unpredictable times. I’ve only ever walked with CT.”
Judit from Switzerland, South West Coast Path, May 2021
“This walk had a very positive effect on our wellbeing, coming out of lockdown.”
Anon, Offa’s Dyke, May 2021
“A very pleasant experience after the turmoil of the last year.”
Anon, Gower Coast Path, June 2021
“Penny was very accommodating when I wanted to adjust my holiday dates and when Covid restrictions necessitated further readjustments.”
Michelle, Glyndwr’s Way, June 2021
“Celtic Trails were easy and efficient. It was good to get away after the pandemic.”
Martin & Sarah Healey, Cleveland Way, June 2021
“A much-needed break at this current time. A circular walk with parking was VERY convenient. The scenery / walking was terrific. The history and added bonus.”
Anon, Borders Abbeys Way, June 2021
“Thanks for advice on pre-booking meals in advance. Other holidaymakers did have trouble finding food outlets.”
A. Chambers from Bristol, Peddars Way & Norfolk Coast Path, June 2021
To view more client reviews, please visit individual walk pages.