Celtic Trails Walking Holidays – Booking Conditions
All bookings made with ‘Celtic Trails Walking Holidays’ are subject to the following booking conditions, which together with the literature provided when booking, form a contract between you and ‘Celtic Trails Ltd’, trading as ‘Celtic Trails Walking Holidays’.
Due to the unprecedented times in which we find ourselves resulting from the Coronavirus pandemic, we have created some flexible terms, which can be found via our Book with Confidence page.
We kindly ask you to read them carefully.
- By submitting a booking form, you accept all of the below terms and direct us to perform services on your behalf. All persons named in the booking form (‘Participants’) are subject to this agreement. By accepting these terms you affirm that you have made all other participants listed in the booking aware of these terms – regardless of how final payment is made – and that all participants accept these terms.
- INSURANCE: It is a condition of booking that all Participants have their own adequate travel insurance and that each is covered in the event of cancellation, personal accident, illness or loss of possessions. ‘Celtic Trails Ltd’ or its servants and agents cannot accept any responsibility for loss or damage to Participants’ luggage or for any illness or injury Participants might suffer whilst on holiday. We also cannot accept responsibility for any loss or consequence resulting from circumstances beyond our control.
- Customers may place bookings on-line, by telephone, post or fax. We are happy to accept payment by cheque, debit card, credit card or bank transfer. International Bank Transfers will be subject to a £7.00 surcharge. We do not accept Diners Club or American Express cards. Cheques should be made payable to ‘Celtic Trails Ltd’.
- Participants’ holiday reservations will be made upon receipt of a deposit of £150 per person per walk, or £100 per person for a single centre break. Deposits are non-refundable and non-transferable and will only be returned in the event that the chosen holiday is fully booked. The balance of payment is due eight weeks prior to the holiday commencement date. In the event of booking within eight weeks of the commencement date of a holiday, the whole cost of the holiday is payable with confirmation of booking. Places are guaranteed once all the monies have been received.
- Deposits are non-refundable and non-transferable and the following cancellation charges on the balance will apply if Participants cancel holidays:
More than 56 days’ notice = deposit only
56 – 43 days’ notice = 25%
42 – 29 days’ notice = 50%
28 – 15 days’ notice = 75%
14 days’ notice or less = 100%
Cancellations must be confirmed in writing. These cancellations charges will be implemented in all cases. We also reserve the right to deduct from any refund due: provider cancellation charges incurred to Celtic Trails, card/bank charges and Walk Pack/postage costs incurred.
- If the balance is not received in full by the due date, we reserve the right to treat the booking as cancelled by you and apply cancellation charges as set out above.
- Holidays will be booked according to the Participants’ confirmed holiday dates. If ‘Celtic Trails Ltd’ are asked to change any of the accommodation reservations or holiday arrangements once a booking is complete, an administration fee of £50 will be charged to cover the additional communication time and costs incurred. If deposits or payments that have been made to secure accommodation on Participants’ behalf are lost due to requested changes, these will be charged for.
- ‘Celtic Trails Ltd’ reserve the right to cancel or refuse any booking, at which time we will refund all monies paid.
- ‘Celtic Trails Ltd’ reserve the right to change the itinerary of any holiday where circumstances dictate.
- All information provided through ‘Celtic Trails Ltd’ website, brochures and other platforms is correct to the best of our knowledge at the time of publication. Such information and prices are updated from time to time, where needed.
- At the point of ‘Celtic Trails Ltd’ providing booking confirmation, Customers will be provided with the up-to-date price, including any upgrades, surcharges and amendments. Again, Participants should check this carefully.
- The confirmed holiday price is based on tariffs, fees, and costs in effect at the time you sign this agreement. In the rare occurrence where there is a significant increase/decrease in inflation, costs of fuel, labour or materials, supplier costs, currency exchange rates, tariffs, government fees, or admission charges, ‘Celtic Trails Ltd; reserve the right to pass the difference on to the Participants under the following terms.
No change will be made within 30 days of Participants’ departure date. If any change is within 2% of the invoice price, the difference will be absorbed by ‘Celtic Trails Ltd’. If any increase exceeds 10% of the invoice price, Participants have the right to cancel the holiday with a full refund and no cancellation charge. Should Participants wish to cancel a holiday under these circumstances, ‘Celtic Trails Ltd’ require confirmation within 14 days of being advised of the surcharge notification.
- In the event that Participants take any additional transportation or excursions during a holiday from either a host or an independent taxi company or operator, for journeys or tours which are not specified in the agreed itinerary, Participants are required to settle payment directly.
- ‘Celtic Trails Ltd’ assume Participants have a reasonable level of good health to be able to enjoy the holiday that has been booked. Please let ‘Celtic Trails Ltd’ know of any medical condition that would be useful to know in advance. In addition to this, please advise ‘Celtic Trails Ltd’ at time of booking if Participants have any specific dietary requirements – ‘Celtic Trails Ltd’ will then pass on this information to the accommodation providers.
- Passports and Visas: Participants are responsible for ensuring that all necessary travel documents are valid and effective and in their possession for the entire trip. Participants assume complete and full responsibility for checking and verifying any and all passport, visa, vaccination, or other immigration requirements, including entry fees and local taxes, before departure. Participants are also solely responsible for paying any entry fees and local taxes and for any adverse consequences resulting from incomplete or defective documentation.
- ‘Celtic Trails Ltd’ acts as an intermediary for the various independent suppliers that provide lodging, meals, transportation, sightseeing, activities or other goods and services connected with Participants’ holidays. Participants acknowledge that they are aware of and clearly understand that these suppliers are independent contractors and not managed by ‘Celtic Trails Ltd’. A supplier’s services are subject to the supplier’s own terms and conditions and the local laws and regulations of the relevant country.
- Compliance with Local Laws and Guest Etiquette: Participants must strictly comply with all local laws, respect local customs and culture, accurately assess their own abilities, respect other guests’ privacy and carefully consider the suggestions and advice of any local representatives.
- Celtic Trails Ltd is a company committed to customer satisfaction and consumer financial protection. We are therefore pleased to announce that, at no extra cost to you, and in accordance with ”The Package Travel, Package Tours Regulations” all passengers booking with Celtic Trails Ltd are fully insured for the initial deposit, and subsequently the balance of monies paid as detailed in your booking confirmation form. The policy will also include repatriation if required, arising from the cancellation or curtailment of your travel arrangements due to the insolvency of Celtic Trails Ltd. This insurance has been arranged by The Travel Vault in conjunction with Towergate Travel through Zurich Insurance PLC.
Claims: In the unlikely event of Insolvency, you must Inform Towergate Travel immediately on +44 (0) 1932 334140 or by email at email@example.com . Please ensure you retain the booking confirmation form as evidence of cover and value.
Policy exclusions: This policy will not cover any monies paid for Travel Insurance
- All matters arising from Participants’ contracts with ‘Celtic Trails Ltd’ are governed by English Law and are subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
- Acceptance of the above conditions is implied when you make a booking and this constitutes the limit of our liabilities.
Updated: February 2020
To book your walking holiday with us, please visit our booking page.