Idyllic Woodland Scenery on the Wye Valley Walk
The Wye Valley Walk is an easy grade walking holiday in Wales that follows the river valley from Chepstow to Rhayader, ultimately arriving at its source near Pumlumon in the hills above Aberystwyth.
- The historic ruins of Tintern Abbey cut an impressive figure in the landscape
- Visit the charming riverside village of Ross-on-Wye
- Goodrich Castle, a huge Norman castle betweem Monmouth and Ross-on-Wye
- See the 'Mapa Mundi' (a spiritual as well as geographical map of the medieval world) at Hereford Cathedral
- Hay-on-Wye, 'Book Capital of the World' with a world-famous annual festival of literature
- Important habitat for buzzards, peregrine falcons and red kites