In the Footsteps of Samuel Taylor Coleridge and William Wordsworth
Walking the Coleridge Way, our route takes you into the heart of the English pastoral, with a trail that reaches from Somerset to the Quantocks (England’s first ever recognised Area Of Natural Beauty), through to the Brendon Hills and Exmoor National Park.
- Visit the places where Coleridge composed some of his most famous works (Rime of the Ancient Mariner, Kubla Kahn...)
- End your walk in the seaside town of Lynmouth, or Porlock
- Visit picturesque country pubs and tea-shops on the villages en-route
- Discover the seldom visited Brendon Hills through Exmoor National Park
- Long stretches of wild forest tracks make this a particularly good walk for Autumn/Spring
- Extend your walk on the last day with a visit to the Valley of the Rocks