Guernsey Walking Holidays
At just 24 square miles, the beautiful island of Guernsey is the ideal walking destination. Petite in size and boasting more annual sunshine hours than the UK, walks in Guernsey hold the perfect conditions for outdoor pursuits.
- Starting and ending in St Peter Port – the capital of Guernsey – you’ll have ample time to stroll around the beautiful harbour, explore winding cobbled streets, local shops and delve into the town’s rich history
- Guernsey is scattered with interesting towers, forts and concealed bunkers that hark back to the days of WW2
- You’ll visit the artistic site Renoir’s Viewpoint where the French impressionist painter created magnificent paintings of the island’s cliffs and bays. Renoir painted 15 canvasses of Guernsey’s inspiring coast during his stay in 1883
- Visit Victor Hugo's island home, the dramatic setting of the island providing inspiration for Les Misérables and Toilers of the Sea
- There is also the option to visit the unique islands of Herm and Sark where road traffic consists of tractors, horses and bicycles, perfect for those who prefer a calmer pace of life