Walk Through Picturesque Highlands Scenery on The Cateran Trail
Follow in the footsteps of the Caterans on an incredible walk across the heart of Scotland. At 64 miles (103km), this is a walk that explores the beautiful scenery of the secluded border between Perthshire and Angus, such as verdant glens, picturesque woodland and waterfalls.
- Blairgowrie, a quaint market town flanked by the River Ercht
- Bridge of Cally, a petite village which sits at the junction of 3 magnificent glens; Glenshee, Strathardle and Glenericht
- Enochdhu,otherwise known as ‘Black Meadow’ or ‘moor’, this was where the Caterans once gathered after a raid
- Spittal of Glenshee, situated at the heart of the eastern Perth highlands with small streams surrounding it
- Cargill’s Leap, a famous rapid where a 17th century covenanter daringly escaped from government troops