Easy Walking Routes Through Scotland’s Borders Abbeys Way
Long distance walking in the Scottish Borders country with The Borders Abbeys Way. The route links the impressive abbeys of the area, through some of the most beautiful walking in Scotland, all at a relaxing pace. The trails winds through a landscape of rounded hills, blanketed in heather – a landscape beloved of Sir Walter Scott and rich in history and folklore.
- A walk that encompasses the captivating ruins of the Borders Abbeys
- Walk through peaceful countryside, linked by the cobble street, Georgian towns you stay in each night
- The walk incorporates the volatile history of the Scottish Borders with historical features related to William Wallace
- Catch sight of the grand Victorian viaduct running over the river Tweed
- Visit Sir Walters Scott's fascinating home - the newly opened Abbotsford Castle
- Abundance of wildlife in the quiet countryside moorland