Walk Coast-to-Coast along Hadrian’s Wall
Hadrian’s Wall Path is a wild wonderful walking holiday from coast to coast, much of it in the magnificent and rugged remote countryside of the Northumberland National Park. Walking along Hadrian’s Wall you enjoy landscape, and remote scenery largely unchanged since Roman sentries looked out from Hadrian’s Wall over the wild areas north to Scotland and south toward the Lake District.
- Walk the length of the largest ancient monument in Northern Europe, designated by UNESCO as a World Heritage site
- The beauty of the Northumberland National Park, the least populated & most remote in the UK
- Panoramic views from Housesteads Roman Fort, set high on a rugged escarpment commanding 360 degree views
- Roman Forts of Segedunum, Chesters, Housesteads and Birdoswald
- Vindolanda - unmissable Roman Camp and Military museum, just south of Hadrian's Wall
- Solway Coast Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB)