Castle to Castle: The Three Castles Walk
A historical route through Welsh countryside, linking three castles on a short walking break in the Monnow Valley.
Find peace of mind following quiet rural trails through this little known corner of Monmouthshire, an unspoilt, picturesque landscape that has remained largely unaffected by the ages.
- Your walks links the trilateral castles built as part of the Norman conquest of Wales:
- Grosmont Castle - One of the more complete, at the center of a pretty village
- Skenfrith Castle - One of the most war-scarred castles, featured in the revolt of Owain Glyndŵr
- White Castle - Cuts an impressive figure with a surrounding moat and drawbridge over the river Monnow
- Finish your short break with a visit to the charming market towns of Monmouth and Abergavenny
- Walk through rural, valley scenery, set against the surrounding Black Mountains
- One of our shorter walking holidays, staying in a converted former 17th century rectory