Island hopping adventure discovering Croatian culture and natural beauty in South Dalmatia
- Rural island walks through a picturesque Croatian landscape
- Boat journeys to walking routes on idyllic Dalmatian Islands
- Discover the UNESCO protected Dubrovnik Old Town
- Step back in time on the historic island of Korčula, home of Marco Polo
- Experience walks through the amazing Mljet National Park
- Hvar, Croatia’s sunniest island
Why this walk?
The landscape of Split, Dubrovnik and the Islands of South Dalmatia is the subject of myth and legend - it was where the Mljet National Park is today that the siren Calypso is fabled to have kept the Greek hero Odysseus captive for seven years. Today, the mark of centuries of civilisations can still be felt in the beautifully preserved villages and towns of the Adriatic, where this route brings you closer to the history, nature and culture of this truly stunning region. Ancient Roman remains rub shoulders with scenic nature trails, and historic towns, such as the cobbled streets of Korčula, taper off into verdant countryside trails. From visiting Diocletian’s Palace in the city of Split to strolling through the serene settings of Mljet National Park, this walking holiday offers a perfect blend of culture, history and breath-takingly beautiful nature walks.
Your journey includes walks on the islands of the Adriatic as well as a tour of the old town of Dubrovnik, led by an expert local guide. Here, a short boat transfer will take you to the start of your walk from the harbour where you’ll find a wild, yet beautifully preserved environment for walking as you follow a route that links relics of antiquity with charming, traditional villages and stunning natural scenery. This holiday features a walk through the Mljet National Park, the landscape of which is criss-crossed with walking trails, where your route takes you around some of the island’s saltwater lakes. Your route also includes rural walks on Šipan, the largest of the Elafiti Islands. There’s also a day spent exploring the island of Korčula, where you walk from the village of Pupnat, through the countryside to the medieval streets of Korčula town.
Walkers can expect characterful properties, often owned and run by locals, featuring typical cuisine and produce of the area. Even in the smaller towns and cities of Croatia, hotels and B&Bs provide a good standard of modern facilities as well as a warm welcome and friendly service – good hospitality is very much part of the local culture. Island stays are typically more low-key and quieter than the towns and cities, but with the additional benefit of easy access to some of the region’s most spectacular beaches. The sea is never too far out of reach on foot, and a few hours spent unwinding beside the pristine waters of the Adriatic is a great way to top-off a day spent exploring the area.
Our Island Hopping Adventure: Split To Dubrovnik Itineraries
Split to Dubrovnik
Distance: 33 miles (53km)
CRO-SID1 ~ Split to Dubrovnik ~ 6 / 5 classic
|Two sharing pp||Solo walker||Single person (in a group)|
|01/04/2024 - 19/06/2024||£1,370||£2,290||£2,065|
|20/06/2024 - 19/09/2024||£1,490||£2,500||£2,275|
|20/09/2024 - 31/10/2024||£1,380||£2,325||£2,100|
- 6 nights’ accommodation on a bed and breakfast basis
- Personal/luggage transfers where indicated in the programme as a standard arrangement
- Personal transfer (one journey) from Split Airport to Split accommodation
- Personal transfer (one journey) from Dubrovnik accommodation to Dubrovnik Airport
- Public passenger ferry tickets where ferry travel indicated in the itinerary
- Local guide for 2 hour walking tour of Dubrovnik
- Entrance ticket to Mljet National Park
- Walk Pack, to include Road Book (route notes and maps)
- Access to a Travel APP with full holiday details/offline navigation
- Transfers not mentioned in the standard itinerary
- Packed lunches (own arrangements)
- Evening meals (own arrangements). Available in local restaurant or in-house.
- Travel to Split Airport/travel from Dubrovnik Airport
You choose which day you would like your holiday to start on. We will book your holiday in accordance with your requirements.
Our Island Hopping Adventure: Split To Dubrovnik holidays are available to walk April to October.
Please note that there is a large music festival in Split mid July, which can make booking difficult. Please check with us for dates.
As part of your holiday arrangements, one transfer per booking from Split airport to Split accommodation and from Dubrovnik accommodation to Dubrovnik airport on departure is included.
You are responsible for any alternative arrival plans or alternative onward travel plans.
Booking Request - Island Hopping Adventure: Split To Dubrovnik
We will check your details and come back to you within two working days with a personalised estimate based on your requirements. We will then formally request a deposit of £150 per person (£100 per person for a single centre break) and book all your arrangements - find out about our full booking process here.
Please note this does not constitute a booking confirmation, we kindly ask you to refrain from booking any travel until we have confirmed all your arrangements.Still Have Questions?
If you are still unsure on any of your requirements, please do enquire with us first and one of our friendly team will be happy to help you with any queries you have.
Enquire About Island Hopping Adventure: Split To Dubrovnik
Our lines are open: 9am to 5pm (GMT), Monday to Friday
Please note: exact accommodation booked will depend on availability.