After a difficult year where many people all over the world were forced to change their holidays, sometimes multiple times, it’s important to think carefully about how you book your future travel. For many experienced, independent travellers this will mean booking a ‘package’ for the first time.
If you live in the UK and hope to holiday here too this summer, you may not have considered using a specialist walking holiday company before. After all, there are no travel complications or language issues to overcome, but here are some good reasons why now might be the time to look for some help.
1. It’s easy and stress-free. Once you have decided on your dates and destination, you can leave everything to us. We’ll keep you updated throughout. Worried about the little things? There’s no need. Whether you require a special diet or only ever want to sleep in king-sized beds, we will arrange whatever you need.
2. Peace of mind. This is the important bit – it’s more secure than booking independently. Our Book with Confidence promise offers reassuring flexibility in uncertain times.
3. Your time is valuable. If you have ever tried to book a long distance walking holiday yourself you’ll know that there’s a huge amount of information to wade through, destination options, accommodation, travel arrangements, luggage transfers, car parking, and everything in between. You’ll remember just how long it can take to organise each separate element and then there are all of those deposits to pay… With over 20 years experience, we already have great relationships with all the best places to stay. An iconic walk such as the Offa’s Dyke path has up 16 different night’s accommodation to arrange. If your dates have to change, all that work needs to be ‘unpicked’ and re-booked. We do that for you.
4. Moving your luggage between destinations runs like clockwork, even on the most remote trails. You won’t even need to think about it. On those very remote paths, you will often need transfers to get you there and back each day. These are completed by our trusted, reliable partners who have worked alongside us for years.
5. You aren’t just a number. As a Celtic Trails guest our network of accommodation hosts are looking forward to welcoming you. We care for our partners as much as we care for customers. It really is one big team working for you behind the scenes to ensure that your precious holiday runs as smoothly as possible.
6. Each morning, your bespoke Walk Pack will provide you with every detail that you could need for the day ahead, from information on the route, to where to buy your provisions or have an evening meal.
7. You’ll have an expert on hand to answer your questions before you book. When you call Celtic Trails, you don’t have to listen to an automated sequence of options. Penny, Kate, Nathan or Sarah will pick up the phone.
We know these paths. We even know where you can get your laundry done! During the holiday we provide 24hrs emergency contact and we follow up afterwards. We are passionate about what we do, we are always looking to see if we can improve in any way. We are interested in what you have to say.
And don’t forget…
Protect yourself – Holiday insurance is important, even if you are travelling within the same country. The insurance can protect you in the event you have to cancel or cut short your holiday due to an unforeseen circumstance such as illness. Your baggage may be covered too if it’s lost or damaged on public transport travelling to or from your destination.
Passports – We welcome guests from all over the world to the UK each year. Our European destinations will also be available again soon. Whilst you probably didn’t have a reason to look at your passport in 2020, make sure you dig it out and check the expiry date. You’ll need at least six months validity on it for almost all destinations.
Don’t just take our word for it – Choose your favourite destination on website and read through the reviews. They are at the top of every page.